I’ve put together a new build of DreamZZT if you want to play around with the SuperZZT support.
Known issues with this build:
- Rapid firing is broken, tap the fire button instead of holding it
- DS will freeze upon touching the door for level 2 of Monster Zoo
- SuperZZT games cannot be edited or saved
- R-trigger scrolling on DS is temporarily disabled
- SuperZZT-specific enemies are not yet implemented
- As this is a beta release, DreamZZT Online will connect to my internal server, not the public server.
- Patterns are not visible in the editor
- SuperZZT support
- Slime and Ricochet objects
- Optimized the board updating, the order should be closer to ZZT’s now
For a full list of changes for this and future 3.1.x releases, see milestone 3.2.0.
Yet another DreamZZT DS update! DreamZZT DS 0.3 adds sound support and centers the top screen.
Sound streaming code borrowed from libSDL DS.
Most of the issues with DreamZZT DS have been resolved:
* Background tiles render across the whole screen
* Status messages display at the bottom of the screen, and will scroll if too long
* Improved board transitions
* Title screen starts centered, you can scroll around it by holding R and using the d pad
* Files on your card can be browsed, however saving will default to (game name).sav
* NDS file now has a proper ROM header with icon. M3 users must press Start instead of A to launch the ROM now.
* Main menu is cleaned up so it doesn’t wrap, and Editor / Quit have been hidden
© All Rights Reserved.
I’ve ported DreamZZT to the Nintendo DS. It scrolls the game board around as you move, similar to SuperZZT. You can also hold the R button and use the d-pad to scroll around the screen. Text windows have been resized to fit the DS’s screen, so long lines will be wrapped.
You can grab an early beta here. It runs a bit fast, has no sound, and stops drawing the background colors half-way across the board, but it’s playable. There’s no file browser yet, so it automatically loads “town.zzt” from the root of your card. I’ve tested it with my M3 miniSD cart, I’m not sure what other flash carts are supported.